UCCS opens conference season this weekend
By MJ Arjomandi published September 13, 2012
Volleyball (5-3 / 0-0 RMAC)
- UCCS opens its conference season this weekend as they go on the road to play Colorado Christian and Colorado Mines. The Mountain Lions currently have the overall edge on both these teams with a combined record of 44-29 against the two schools.
- UCCS has won 13 out of the past 14 meetings with Colorado Christian, dating back to October 8, 2004 with an overall record of 23-15 against the Cougars.
- The Mountain Lions currently have a record of 21-14 against Colorado Mines, splitting the two matches last season, with each team winning on their home court.
- Nikki Kinzer finds herself moving up the all-time leader board for records at UCCS. She currently ranks No. 8 all-time in the rally scoring era (since 2001) for solo blocks, and needs just eight more to find herself in second. Kinzer also currently ranks No. 2 all-time in block assists in the rally scoring era, needing just 11 more to be No. 1.
- Kinzer is currently averaging 1.4 blocks per set, and could very well move into first place all-time this weekend.
- UCCS hosted the 2012 Mountain Lion Invitational last weekend, where they went 4-0, and beat No. 12 ranked Wayne State.
- Megan Koop and Amy Einspahr were both named to the all-invitational team.
|Additional News Stories|
|June 24, 2013||Kinzer Receives RMAC Degree Completion Award||University of Colorado Colorado Springs All-American Nikki Kinzer was one of several RMAC student-athletes to receive a Degree Completion Award from the conference to assist in costs to finish her education.|
|June 10, 2013||Shaswar, Kinzer Earn RMAC Scholar-Athlete Awards||University of Colorado Colorado Springs seniors Mash Sashwar and Nikki Kinzer earned the RMAC Scholar-Athlete Award from the conference office.|
|April 15, 2013||Mountain Lions Spend Sunday Teaching Skills to Girl Scouts||Members of the University of Colorado Colorado Springs volleyball team taught skills to approximately 100 Girl Scouts from the area during the organization's Sports Extravaganza on Sunday at Doherty High School.|
|April 2, 2013||Audrey Nelson Hall of Fame Profile||One of the top offensive producers in University of Colorado Colorado Springs volleyball history will be one of four inductees for the 2013 UCCS Athletic Hall of Fame.|
|January 24, 2013||2013 RMAC Schedule Set||COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The University of Colorado Colorado Springs will open the RMAC volleyball schedule at home Sept. 20 in the 2013 conference schedule announced today. The Mountain Lions will play 11 of its 21 conference matches at home in the Gallogly Events Center.|