Sports Information Office
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs sports information office assists and encourages radio, television, print and Internet media representatives in providing information and commentary on all aspects of the athletics programs at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. The sports information office works with athletic department coaches, student-athletes and administrators in directing the vital flow of information.
It is the philosophy and responsibility of the sports information office to:
- support the educational mission of the University of Colorado Colorado Springs and the athletics department.
- foster a climate that enhances opportunities for success in student recruitment, athletic department ticket sales and fundraising.
- expedite and encourage media interest by providing a comfortable avenue for fair, accurate coverage and promoting the university's athletic programs with complete, honest information.
- create interest and support for the programs' positive aspects.
The specific responsibilities of the sports information office are to:
- create and make available material for use by media representatives, university students, student-athletes, student parents, prospective students and fans pertaining to athletic events, staff and student-athletes through releases, media guides, statistical reports, videotape and the university's official athletic website.
- maintain current and historical files for all sports, including information/photos on teams, individual athletes and coaches.arrange interviews with media representatives for coaches and student-athletes.
- promote athletic department events through all available mediums, maintain the department's online and social media outlets, and work to create more media opportunites within the department.
- direct media activities at athletics events including:
- serving as hosts to representatives from radio, television, print and Internet media, providing a professional work environment.
- supervising statistical compilation at home events.
- reporting contest results to media as well as the RMAC and NCAA.
- facilitating post-event interviews.