This Week in Mountain Lion Athletics
By Sports Information Staff published March 14, 2013
|Saturday, March 16|
|Women's Track & Field||UCCS at Jerry Quiller Classic||Boulder, Colo.||11 a.m.|
|Softball||UCCS at Adams State||Alamosa, Colo.||12 p.m.||Live Stats|
|Men's Track & Field||UCCS at Jerry Quiller Classic||Boulder, Colo.||12:40 p.m.|
|Softball||UCCS at Adams State||Alamosa, Colo.||2 p.m.||Live Stats|
|Sunday, March 17|
|Softball||UCCS at Adams State||Alamosa, Colo.||11 a.m.||Live Stats|
|Softball||UCCS at Adams State||Alamosa, Colo.||1 p.m.||Live Stats|
Softball (12-7-1 / 7-3 RMAC)
- UCCS will look to extend its winning streak at Adams State in a four-game series with the Grizzlies on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Mountain Lions are ranked in the top 40 of Division II teams in fielding percentage (No. 40 - .966), scoring (No. 20 - 7.35 runs/game) and batting average (No. 15 - .352). UCCS leads the RMAC in batting average and on-base percentage (.428).
- UCCS is 2-0 against the Grizzlies this season after the two teams met in the RMAC preseason weekend in Denver in the first weekend of February. The Mountain Lions won the games by a combined score of 26-9.
- The Mountain Lions improved to 6-0 at home after a tripleheader sweep of Metro State last weekend. It's the best start to the home season since a 7-0 start in 2007.
Men's Outdoor Track and Field
- A week after the national indoor championships, the Mountain Lions will send nine student-athletes to the Jerry Quiller Classic this Saturday at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Jonathan Wright, the UCCS record-holder in the outdoor 400-meter dash, and Marc Hensley, the third-fastest runner in UCCS history, will lead a group of seven Mountain Lions in the event at 12:40 p.m.
- Chad Liscar and Chris Myers will run in both the 100-meter and 200-meter dashes at 1:10 p.m. and 2:25 p.m, respectively. Liscar holds the Mountain Lion record in the 100-meter dash and ranks fifth in the 200-meter dash records.
- UCCS is tentatively scheduled to be joined at the Quiller Classic by RMAC teams Metro State and Colorado Mines.
Women's Outdoor Track and Field
- UCCS will send a small squad of Mountain Lions to open the 2013 outdoor season at the Jerry Quiller Classic on Saturday at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Indoor RMAC champion Alex Colvin will get her first chance to record a qualifying mark in the pole vault at 11 a.m. on Saturday. She has the second-best indoor pole vault mark in UCCS outdoor history with 12 feet, two inches.
- Michaela Mansfield and Briana Alley will compete in the 400-meter and 200-meter dashes later in the day at 12:30 p.m. and 2:10 p.m., respectively.
- The Mountain Lions will be one of four RMAC teams to begin the outdoor season in Boulder. Colorado Mines, Metro State and Colorado State-Pueblo are tentatively scheduled to enter student-athletes in the Quiller Classic.
|Additional News Stories|
|June 19, 2013||UCCS Athletics Records 18th Straight Semester with GPA Above 3.00||University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes maintained a term grade point average above a 3.00 for the 18th consecutive semester and 24 Mountain Lions earned a spot on the Dean's List or President's List for the Spring 2013 term.|
|June 10, 2013||Shaswar, Kinzer Earn RMAC Scholar-Athlete Awards||University of Colorado Colorado Springs seniors Mash Sashwar and Nikki Kinzer earned the RMAC Scholar-Athlete Award from the conference office.|
|June 6, 2013||UCCS Records Fourth-Best Learfield Cup Finish||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs recorded a pair of top 10 national finishes for the fourth-best finish in school history in the 2013 Learfield Sports Division II Directors Cup standings released this morning.|
|May 23, 2013||19 Student-Athletes and Assistants to Graduate Friday||When more than 1,100 students receive degrees at the Colorado Springs World Arena on Friday, 19 University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes and assistants will be among the graduates|
|May 15, 2013||UCCS Matches All-Time Best Finish in RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs matched its best finish in school history with a sixth-place finish in the 2012-13 RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup announced today by the conference office.|