This Week in Mountain Lion Athletics
By Sports Information Staff published December 12, 2012
Friday, December 14, 2012
|Women's Basketball||UCCS travels to New Mexico Highlands||Las Vegas, N.M.||6 p.m.||Live Stats | Live Video|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS travels to New Mexico Highlands||Las Vegas, N.M.||8 p.m.||Live Stats | Live Video|
Saturday, December 15, 2012
|Women's Basketball||UCCS travels to Western New Mexico||Silver City, N.M.||5:30 p.m.||Live Stats | Live Video|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS travels to Western New Mexico||Silver City, N.M.||7:30 p.m.||Live Stats | Live Video|
Women's Basketball (5-2 / 3-1 RMAC)
- UCCS travels for the first time during the conference season with games at New Mexico Highlands on Friday and at Western New Mexico on Saturday. The Mountain Lions swept Western New Mexico the last two seasons.
- The 5-2 start is the best start for UCCS since the 2001-02 season and the 3-1 RMAC start is the best since 2008-09.
- UCCS is the second-best shooting team in the RMAC With 45 percent from the field and 38 percent from the three-point line. The Mountain Lions also rank among the top 30 teams in Division II in both categories.
- Gabby Ramirez is third in the RMAC with 30 assists this season and sixth in the conference with a assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.3. She's also among the top 75 among student-athletes from 277 Division II teams in both categories.
Men's Basketball (0-8 / 0-4 RMAC)
- The Mountain Lions will close out the 2012 calendar year on a road trip through New Mexico, with New Mexico Highlands on Friday and Western New Mexico on Saturday.
- The Mountain Lions are averaging 3.9 blocked shots per game to rank second in the RMAC. Derrick White's nine blocks this season ranks seventh in the conference.
- UCCS is averaging a rebounding margin of +5.4 during the last five games and +6.3 during the conference season. Alex Welsh is averaging 8.3 rebounds per game during the RMAC season.
- White has led the Mountain Lions in scoring in seven of the eight games as a true freshman. He's averaging 13.5 points per game.
|Additional News Stories|
|June 19, 2013||UCCS Athletics Records 18th Straight Semester with GPA Above 3.00||University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes maintained a term grade point average above a 3.00 for the 18th consecutive semester and 24 Mountain Lions earned a spot on the Dean's List or President's List for the Spring 2013 term.|
|June 10, 2013||Shaswar, Kinzer Earn RMAC Scholar-Athlete Awards||University of Colorado Colorado Springs seniors Mash Sashwar and Nikki Kinzer earned the RMAC Scholar-Athlete Award from the conference office.|
|June 6, 2013||UCCS Records Fourth-Best Learfield Cup Finish||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs recorded a pair of top 10 national finishes for the fourth-best finish in school history in the 2013 Learfield Sports Division II Directors Cup standings released this morning.|
|May 23, 2013||19 Student-Athletes and Assistants to Graduate Friday||When more than 1,100 students receive degrees at the Colorado Springs World Arena on Friday, 19 University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes and assistants will be among the graduates|
|May 15, 2013||UCCS Matches All-Time Best Finish in RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs matched its best finish in school history with a sixth-place finish in the 2012-13 RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup announced today by the conference office.|