This Week in Mountain Lion Athletics
By Sports Information Staff published December 12, 2012
Friday, December 14, 2012
|Women's Basketball||UCCS travels to New Mexico Highlands||Las Vegas, N.M.||6 p.m.||Live Stats | Live Video|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS travels to New Mexico Highlands||Las Vegas, N.M.||8 p.m.||Live Stats | Live Video|
Saturday, December 15, 2012
|Women's Basketball||UCCS travels to Western New Mexico||Silver City, N.M.||5:30 p.m.||Live Stats | Live Video|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS travels to Western New Mexico||Silver City, N.M.||7:30 p.m.||Live Stats | Live Video|
Women's Basketball (5-2 / 3-1 RMAC)
- UCCS travels for the first time during the conference season with games at New Mexico Highlands on Friday and at Western New Mexico on Saturday. The Mountain Lions swept Western New Mexico the last two seasons.
- The 5-2 start is the best start for UCCS since the 2001-02 season and the 3-1 RMAC start is the best since 2008-09.
- UCCS is the second-best shooting team in the RMAC With 45 percent from the field and 38 percent from the three-point line. The Mountain Lions also rank among the top 30 teams in Division II in both categories.
- Gabby Ramirez is third in the RMAC with 30 assists this season and sixth in the conference with a assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.3. She's also among the top 75 among student-athletes from 277 Division II teams in both categories.
Men's Basketball (0-8 / 0-4 RMAC)
- The Mountain Lions will close out the 2012 calendar year on a road trip through New Mexico, with New Mexico Highlands on Friday and Western New Mexico on Saturday.
- The Mountain Lions are averaging 3.9 blocked shots per game to rank second in the RMAC. Derrick White's nine blocks this season ranks seventh in the conference.
- UCCS is averaging a rebounding margin of +5.4 during the last five games and +6.3 during the conference season. Alex Welsh is averaging 8.3 rebounds per game during the RMAC season.
- White has led the Mountain Lions in scoring in seven of the eight games as a true freshman. He's averaging 13.5 points per game.
|Additional News Stories|
|May 15, 2013||UCCS Matches All-Time Best Finish in RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs matched its best finish in school history with a sixth-place finish in the 2012-13 RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup announced today by the conference office.|
|May 1, 2013||Shaswar and Burrell Receive McLaughlin Award||University of Colorado Colorado Springs senior student-athletes Mash Shaswar and Megan Burrell were honored as the recipients of the Thomas F. McLaughlin Award at the University's annual Awards Banquet tonight in Berger Hall.|
|May 1, 2013||UCCS Sixth in RMAC All-Sport Standings with One Weekend Left||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs moved down to sixth in the latest RMAC All-Sport Competition Standings compiled by the Mountain Lion Sports Information Office.|
|April 26, 2013||Golf Championship Moves UCCS Into 5th in RMAC All-Sport Standings||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs men's golf championship this week moved the Mountain Lions into fifth in the updated RMAC All-Sport Standings compiled by the UCCS Sports Information Office.|
|April 15, 2013||This Week in Mountain Lion Athletics||UCCS will have softball and golf playing along the I-25 corridor, while the Mountain Lion track and field teams will be splitting squads across multiple races this weekend.|