This Week in Mountain Lion Athletics
By Jared Verner published December 4, 2012
|Friday, December 7|
|Women's Basketball||UCCS hosts Metro State||Gallogly Events Center||5:30 p.m.||Live Video | Live Stats|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS hosts #3 Metro State||Gallogly Events Center||7:30 p.m.||Live Video | Live Stats|
|Saturday, December 8|
|Women's Basketball||UCCS hosts Regis||Gallogly Events Center||5:30 p.m.||Live Video | Live Stats|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS hosts Regis||Gallogly Events Center||7:30 p.m.||Live Video | Live Stats|
Women's Basketball (4-1 / 2-0 RMAC)
- The Mountain Lions are 2-0 in the conference for the first time since the 2008-09 season and will look to improve to 4-0 in the RMAC for the first time in program history this weekend against Metro State and Regis in the Gallogly Events Center.
- Abby Kirchoff earned RMAC Defensive Player of the Week honors and averaged 4.5 defensive rebounds and 3.5 steals in victories against Fort Lewis and Adams State. She's second in the conference this season with three steals per game.
- UCCS has won five of its last six home games and is 2-0 at home for the first time since the 2004-05 season.
- The Mountain Lions lead in the RMAC in both assists and steals. Kirchoff is leading the conference with 90.9 percent at the free throw line and Gabby Ramirez leads the RMAC with 5.2 assists per game
- UCCS will continue to look for its first win this weekend with No. 3 Metro State and with Regis at the Gallogly Events Center. The last three games have been decided by a combined eight points.
- Derrick White has led the Mountain Lion scoring in five of the six games this season and matched his season-high with 18 points against Fort Lewis on Friday night. He's also fifth in the conference with nine blocked shots.
- Alex Welsh recorded the first double-double of the season for UCCS with 16 points and 13 rebounds against the Skyhawks on Friday, and followed with another double-digit rebounding night against Adams State on Saturday. He's averaging 11.5 rebounds per conference game and ranks second in the RMAC.
- UCCS has won its last four home games against Regis dating back to 2008.
UCCS Players/Staff Featured
|Additional News Stories|
|June 19, 2013||UCCS Athletics Records 18th Straight Semester with GPA Above 3.00||University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes maintained a term grade point average above a 3.00 for the 18th consecutive semester and 24 Mountain Lions earned a spot on the Dean's List or President's List for the Spring 2013 term.|
|June 10, 2013||Shaswar, Kinzer Earn RMAC Scholar-Athlete Awards||University of Colorado Colorado Springs seniors Mash Sashwar and Nikki Kinzer earned the RMAC Scholar-Athlete Award from the conference office.|
|June 6, 2013||UCCS Records Fourth-Best Learfield Cup Finish||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs recorded a pair of top 10 national finishes for the fourth-best finish in school history in the 2013 Learfield Sports Division II Directors Cup standings released this morning.|
|May 23, 2013||19 Student-Athletes and Assistants to Graduate Friday||When more than 1,100 students receive degrees at the Colorado Springs World Arena on Friday, 19 University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes and assistants will be among the graduates|
|May 15, 2013||UCCS Matches All-Time Best Finish in RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs matched its best finish in school history with a sixth-place finish in the 2012-13 RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup announced today by the conference office.|