This Week in Mountain Lion Athletics
By Sports Information Staff published November 20, 2012
|Tuesday, November 20|
|Women's Basketball||UCCS travels to West Texas A&M||Canyon, Texas||5 p.m. MST||Live Video | Live Stats | Live Audio|
|Friday, November 23|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS travels to #20 Chico State||Chico, Calif.||8:30 p.m. MST||Live Stats | Live Audio|
|Saturday, November 24|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS takes on San Francisco State||Chico, Calif.||6:30 p.m. MST||Live Stats | Live Audio|
Women's Basketball (2-0)
- UCCS will look to go 3-0 for the first time in five years against West Texas A&M Tuesday night in Canyon, Texas. The Mountain Lions won against the Lady Buffs last season 66-62.
- The Mountain Lions won both games last weekend by double-digit margins at the Alamosa Tourism and Bankers Classic. Abby Kirchoff led the team with 15 points per game against Oklahoma Panhandle State and Northern New Mexico.
- UCCS is one of four RMAC teams undefeated through the nonconference schedule and is leading the conference with 84.5 points per game.
- Sam Patterson is leading the conference with 75 percent from the field. She's one of three Mountain Lions, along with Kirchoff and Jeri Pikul, averaging more than 10 points per game.
- The Mountain Lions close out the non-conference schedule this weekend with No. 20 Chico State and San Francisco State at the Carl's Jr. Mac Martin Invitational.
- Derrick White is leading UCCS with 14 points per game after the season-opening weekend against Bemidji State and No. 7 Winona State. He's also leading the team with five blocked shots.
- This weekend is the first time the Mountain Lions have played in the state of California since the 2002-03 season, and Saturday's game against San Francisco State will be the first between the two teams in program history.
- UCCS is leading the RMAC with 13 blocked shots in two games this season, and is second among teams in the South Central Region with 6.5 blocks per game.
UCCS Players/Staff Featured
|Additional News Stories|
|May 23, 2013||19 Student-Athletes and Assistants to Graduate Friday||When more than 1,100 students receive degrees at the Colorado Springs World Arena on Friday, 19 University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes and assistants will be among the graduates|
|May 15, 2013||UCCS Matches All-Time Best Finish in RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs matched its best finish in school history with a sixth-place finish in the 2012-13 RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup announced today by the conference office.|
|May 1, 2013||Shaswar and Burrell Receive McLaughlin Award||University of Colorado Colorado Springs senior student-athletes Mash Shaswar and Megan Burrell were honored as the recipients of the Thomas F. McLaughlin Award at the University's annual Awards Banquet tonight in Berger Hall.|
|May 1, 2013||UCCS Sixth in RMAC All-Sport Standings with One Weekend Left||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs moved down to sixth in the latest RMAC All-Sport Competition Standings compiled by the Mountain Lion Sports Information Office.|
|April 26, 2013||Golf Championship Moves UCCS Into 5th in RMAC All-Sport Standings||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs men's golf championship this week moved the Mountain Lions into fifth in the updated RMAC All-Sport Standings compiled by the UCCS Sports Information Office.|