This Week in Mountain Lion Athletics
By Sports Information Staff published November 20, 2012
|Tuesday, November 20|
|Women's Basketball||UCCS travels to West Texas A&M||Canyon, Texas||5 p.m. MST||Live Video | Live Stats | Live Audio|
|Friday, November 23|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS travels to #20 Chico State||Chico, Calif.||8:30 p.m. MST||Live Stats | Live Audio|
|Saturday, November 24|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS takes on San Francisco State||Chico, Calif.||6:30 p.m. MST||Live Stats | Live Audio|
Women's Basketball (2-0)
- UCCS will look to go 3-0 for the first time in five years against West Texas A&M Tuesday night in Canyon, Texas. The Mountain Lions won against the Lady Buffs last season 66-62.
- The Mountain Lions won both games last weekend by double-digit margins at the Alamosa Tourism and Bankers Classic. Abby Kirchoff led the team with 15 points per game against Oklahoma Panhandle State and Northern New Mexico.
- UCCS is one of four RMAC teams undefeated through the nonconference schedule and is leading the conference with 84.5 points per game.
- Sam Patterson is leading the conference with 75 percent from the field. She's one of three Mountain Lions, along with Kirchoff and Jeri Pikul, averaging more than 10 points per game.
- The Mountain Lions close out the non-conference schedule this weekend with No. 20 Chico State and San Francisco State at the Carl's Jr. Mac Martin Invitational.
- Derrick White is leading UCCS with 14 points per game after the season-opening weekend against Bemidji State and No. 7 Winona State. He's also leading the team with five blocked shots.
- This weekend is the first time the Mountain Lions have played in the state of California since the 2002-03 season, and Saturday's game against San Francisco State will be the first between the two teams in program history.
- UCCS is leading the RMAC with 13 blocked shots in two games this season, and is second among teams in the South Central Region with 6.5 blocks per game.
UCCS Players/Staff Featured
|Additional News Stories|
|June 19, 2013||UCCS Athletics Records 18th Straight Semester with GPA Above 3.00||University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes maintained a term grade point average above a 3.00 for the 18th consecutive semester and 24 Mountain Lions earned a spot on the Dean's List or President's List for the Spring 2013 term.|
|June 10, 2013||Shaswar, Kinzer Earn RMAC Scholar-Athlete Awards||University of Colorado Colorado Springs seniors Mash Sashwar and Nikki Kinzer earned the RMAC Scholar-Athlete Award from the conference office.|
|June 6, 2013||UCCS Records Fourth-Best Learfield Cup Finish||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs recorded a pair of top 10 national finishes for the fourth-best finish in school history in the 2013 Learfield Sports Division II Directors Cup standings released this morning.|
|May 23, 2013||19 Student-Athletes and Assistants to Graduate Friday||When more than 1,100 students receive degrees at the Colorado Springs World Arena on Friday, 19 University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes and assistants will be among the graduates|
|May 15, 2013||UCCS Matches All-Time Best Finish in RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs matched its best finish in school history with a sixth-place finish in the 2012-13 RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup announced today by the conference office.|