This Week in Mountain Lion Athletics
By Sports Information Staff published November 5, 2012
|Tuesday, November 6|
|Men's Basketball||UCCS travels to Northern Colorado||Greeley, Colo.||7:05 p.m.|
|Friday, November 9|
|Volleyball||UCCS hosts #14 Colorado Mines||Gallogly Events Center||7 p.m.|
|Saturday, November 10|
|Volleyball||UCCS hosts Colorado Christian||Gallogly Events Center||5 p.m.|
- UCCS is 10-2 at home, which is the most wins the Mountain Lions have ever had in the Gallogly Events Center. There has been just one season in history that the Mountain Lions had more wins at home, which was in 1993, when the team finished 12-6.
- The Mountain Lions will take on the Orediggers on Friday at 7 p.m. followed by a match against the Cougars on Saturday at 5 p.m. Both games with have playoff implications as all three teams are currently in the top six in the RMAC standings. Mines is currently in first place, UCCS is in fourth and Colorado Christian trails UCCS by one game.The top four teams will host a first round match in the 2012 RMAC tournament.
- The Mountain Lions have a combined lifetime record of 46-29 against against the Orediggers and the Cougars.
- Nikki Kinzer earned RMAC Defensive Player of the Week honors for the fourth time this season. She finished the weekend with 20 total blocks in three road victories. Kinzer adds to her all-time career block assist record at UCCS as she currently ranks ﬁrst in school history with 371. She also moves into a tie this weekend for second all-time in the rally scoring era (since 2001) in career solo block at UCCS with 41.
- The Mountain Lions compete in their final exhibition game of the season Tuesday night at Division I Northern Colorado. It's the first meeting with the Bears since a 96-91 victory for UCCS in the 2006-07 season-opener.
- Darius Pardner led UCCS in the first exhibition game of the season with 19 points off the bench in a 75-70 victory against Northern New Mexico. The Mountain Lions shot 54 percent from the field and 47 percent from the three-point line in the win.
- Head Coach Jeff Culver begins his first season at UCCS after leading Johnson & Wales to three Association of Independent Institutions Conference championships in six seasons.
- UCCS opens the 2012-13 regular season in 11 days at Winona, Minn., against Winona State and Bemidji State.
UCCS Players/Staff Featured
|xsl:value-of select="@CoachName" />||Head Coach|
|Additional News Stories|
|June 19, 2013||UCCS Athletics Records 18th Straight Semester with GPA Above 3.00||University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes maintained a term grade point average above a 3.00 for the 18th consecutive semester and 24 Mountain Lions earned a spot on the Dean's List or President's List for the Spring 2013 term.|
|June 10, 2013||Shaswar, Kinzer Earn RMAC Scholar-Athlete Awards||University of Colorado Colorado Springs seniors Mash Sashwar and Nikki Kinzer earned the RMAC Scholar-Athlete Award from the conference office.|
|June 6, 2013||UCCS Records Fourth-Best Learfield Cup Finish||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs recorded a pair of top 10 national finishes for the fourth-best finish in school history in the 2013 Learfield Sports Division II Directors Cup standings released this morning.|
|May 23, 2013||19 Student-Athletes and Assistants to Graduate Friday||When more than 1,100 students receive degrees at the Colorado Springs World Arena on Friday, 19 University of Colorado Colorado Springs student-athletes and assistants will be among the graduates|
|May 15, 2013||UCCS Matches All-Time Best Finish in RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup||The University of Colorado Colorado Springs matched its best finish in school history with a sixth-place finish in the 2012-13 RMAC All-Sport Competition Cup announced today by the conference office.|