Future UCCS Athletic Facilities
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs 2020 Master Plan includes "a consolidated athletics precinct on the North Campus, a new 4,000-seat arena will house UCCS athletics programs as well as host public events such as UCCS athletics," national sport organizations, "gatherings, and concerts. Its location along North Nevada Avenue offers easy access and makes it a landmark entry to the UCCS campus. A nearby outdoor stadium hosting track and field and soccer events could be used by community organizations and" and national sports organizations.
The master plan includes the following buildings, and space for buildings:
- (A) A 4,000-seat arena hosts public events including UCCS athletics, national sports organization events, and concerts. Its located along North Nevada Avenue offers easy access and makes it a landmark at the entry to the UCCS campus.
- (B) The master Plan allocates a site to accomodate the long-term potential of a natatorium. Its adjacency to the arena allows for shared facilities between the venues, including parking.
- (C) A surface parking resource that is easily accessed off of North Nevada Avenue serves the athletics complex during events and helps meet daily university demand.
- (D) An outdoor stadium hosting track and field and soccer events could be used by community organizations and national sports organizations as well.
- (E) An additional athletic field provides flexibility for scheduling practice and ensures competition fields are not overused.
- (F) One softball and one baseball field are relocated from the Four Diamonds Complex to provide a shared facility for athletic competition and practice as well as intramural use.
- (G) The Master Plan allocates a site to acoommodate the long-term potential for an indoor sports field house. In the short term, the site can accomodate an additional practice field.